Saint Laurence’s Church
A remarkable monument from the inter-war period in neo-Byzantine style with art deco elements, consecrated in 1934.
A striking element in the landscape are its large dome dominating the centrally planned building and its freestanding solid tower (65 m).
It is a clear example of “Gesamtkunstwerk”, being an overall concept for the building and its interior. Architecture, decoration and furniture were explicitly inspired by the rich symbolism of the pilgrimage movement.
Sunday: 10:30 a.m.
Outside the services, the church is only accessible for visitors:
– on special (variable) occasions,
– On Night of Churches (August) and open monument day (September).
The church is then freely accessible
Tel: +32 (0)3 237 77 31