Lillo, Saint Benedict’s Church
The church owes its present importance especially to its location, far from the city centre, in the middle of the dock area. Lillo used to be a small garrison town and fishing port. In 1883 the old garrison church was replaced by this neo-Gothic hall church (architect L. Gife) with eight bays and a protruding western tower. The interior is from the same period as the building.
As from the end of 2017, the church has been withdrawn from regular worship and the Saint Benedictine parish has been abolished.
However, the church is not deconsecrated and occasional services remain possible.