Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
This neo-Romanesque church dedicated to the Sacred Heart was built in 1933-1934. The designer E. Goethals was inspired by the Sacré-Coeur in Paris. The church hardly stands out in the street scene, but the interior is all the more remarkable with its striking twelve-sided dome with a diameter of 25 metres, its large open space and in the choir the lovely stained-glass windows by Marc de Groot.
The church is located in a distinctly multicultural city district. The parish is part of the Federation “Warm Noord” which groups the churches of Antwerp North. On Sundays the church hosts both a Roman Catholic Eucharist and a Greek Catholic.
Sunday 10.30am: International Mass – for the Dutch-speaking and international community
Sunday 12.00: Belarusian Greek Catholic Divine Liturgy – Беларуская Грэка-Каталіцкая Царква
Third Sunday of the month at 10.30 a.m.: joint celebration with the three communities
Brother Marcin Derdziuk OFM Cap
0474 624 031 email@example.com
Secretary of the parish:
Wim Adriaenssens. kerkraadHHART@skynet.be